Sunday, January 3, 2016

Warm Wishes


I made this card, just because -- for no one in particular.  I enjoy reading Sandy Allnock's blog and watching her You Tube channel.  One of her you tube's is the 3 Most Common Mistakes Crafters Make .  It hit home with me -- the part about actually needing to create.  So here it is.  



So my creating journey for today started with this card by Lydia In her blog she explains how she used Frog Tape to create the the mask and water colored the inside.  She really stressed using the frog tape as a mask.  I thought, really -- let me try just using a stencil and used removable adhesive to hold it down.  I should have taken a picture for you - because it came out as a blue, green, brown, blob  of mushed up colors.

So I wandered the internet for some more inspiration and found these challenges:

Freshly Made Sketches  and Paper Sweeties Inspiration challenge --
  
I was inspired by the colors (and the snowflakes)

And the Curtain Call challenge of "Frozen" 

The snowflake stamp is from Outlines - a company now out of business.  I embossed it with pewter embossing powder and water colored it.  Then to try to keep to the idea of Lydia's card, splatter some diluted water color around the outside.  I'm not sure if you can see the embossed lines to create the square shape around the snowflake for the sketch idea.  But it is there and looks good in real life. 

I didn't want this to be a holiday card -- just something I could maybe send to someone over the winter.  

No go create!!  and have fun doing it.  If you get to share it whether on a blog or send it,  that's even more wonderful.  Have a Happy New Year.  

And thanks for stopping by.


8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous embossing and pretty colors! Perfect for this month's challenge! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful work with us this month at Paper Sweeties! Hugs - xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card! Love the colors you chose! Glad you shared it at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you watched the video and got crafting, because I wouldn't want to have missed seeing this fabulous card! (I watched the video after reading your blog post, and I'm GUILTY too). Your image is breathtaking, especially with the silver embossing and the beautiful colors you chose! Keep creating and only watch a video once in a while, and I'll try to take my own advice on that one. You ARE an artist! Happy New Year, and thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Crafting time is too limited -- but when I do I really enjoy it.

      Delete
  4. What a gorgeous card! I LOVE the fabulous way you colored this amazing image in! Stunning work! Thank you so much for joining us at Paper Sweeties! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is so pretty! Wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, such a gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing it at Paper Sweeties' January Challenge! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing embossing and gorgeous colors! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Paper Sweeties!

    ReplyDelete