Thursday, April 9, 2015

Bokeh and Friends

We are off from school for Spring Break this week.  So I had some "crafty friends" over for a day to play.  We made cards Bokeh style.  We used the sketch from Sunday Stamps.


I love how everyone's cards came out so different.  My two favorite cards are in the front.  We used both the "watercolor" technique and sponging distress inks to create these cards.  I think the favored technique was using distress inks -- so much easier and definitely faster.  


Here we are with our creations. One friend left early, so she is not in the photo.  

Sunday Stamps - sketch challenge:

We had a great time -- friends, food, card making, and a lot of talking and catching-up.  

Hope you are having a great time too.  Thanks for taking the time to look and comment.  

3 comments:

  1. Hello, Carol. Your cards turned out awesome! My fav is the "wish big". So happy you played along with us at Sunday Stamps! paper hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol, Been a while since I got round to enjoy your great work. I had gone into the stats of the blog design, and saw that I had a bunch of comments that had not been published. Normally I get notifications in my email when someone comments, so not sure why this happened. Anyway, I saw your comment, published it, and zipped over here to see what you were up to. Enjoyed seeing all these pretty Bokeh cards, and it's amazing the unique look of each one using the same techniques. What fun. This Bokeh is something I've yet to try, and it's such a pretty look. Hope you enjoyed the spring break, and have been doing well. TFS & thanks for your visit & comment as well. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You girls did an amazing job with the smooshing and the bokeh techniques, Carol! These cards are all A++++. (Ha, first I hit the hyphen key. Wouldn't that be funny if I said they were all A minus cards?!! lol!) TFS!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete