Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Thank You Holly and Snowflakes





I need several thank you cards for the holidays.  Then I saw this post by Susan Rahlia with this so "simple" yet beautiful card.
I put "simple" in quotes, because Susan makes her cards look so easy to create, that I just had to try this design.  I, on the other hand spent much time trying to create my cards, and found that it is not really so simple to get a design looking the way I envision it.  
I am happy with the way it turned out.  More importantly, I had a fun time in my craft room playing around with this.  


I am putting both cards in CAS(E) this Sketch

And both are going into Clean and Simple on Sunday - theme of Christmas

Both are also going to Holly Jolly Christmas - Merry Christmas Once Again challenge.




The Holly card is using the colors from Creative Colors

And the snowflake card is using the colors from Sketchy Colors

The holly stamp is from Hero Arts.  The snowflakes are from assorted stamp sets (most Inkadinkadoo).  I am not sure of the Thank You sentiment.  

Thanks so much for looking.  I am wishing you a happy and healthy New Year.  

9 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at CCC and good luck.

    Wish you all the best for 2015..

    hugs
    Claudia
    DT Creative Colors Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how simple an pretty both of your cards are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great thank you card. Love cas style.
    Thank you for participating in Sketchy Colors, good luck.
    hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol, I love your take on the inspiration piece and the layout! I particularly admire the way the y in the sentiment curves into the stamped space on the holly card...simply wonderful! Thanks so much for the call-out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely display of cards with same sketch but all look so different! Inspired by what you have done here! Thanks for sharing.

    Ren

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very elegant card, thanks for playing along with all of us at CCC. Good luck!

    Kim CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow three very elegant cards. Thanks for joining us over at CAS on sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, these are all wonderful! Great takes on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are great! Simple and elegant!

    ReplyDelete