Sunday, March 9, 2014

SMILE

I am trying my hand at one-layer cards. 
I searched for sketches that could be done in one layer -- and I found these two -- both very similar:

My Favorite Things and at Clean and Simple

 
I layered some die-namics form My Favorite things to create the "sketch".  The flower stamp is from Hero Arts and the SMILE is from Paper Trey.  I colored it with Inktense pencils then, used watercolor to blend the inks.  A couple of dots from Viva Décor pens. And done. 
Pretty easy -- the hardest part was figuring out how to use the 2 dies to emboss the sketch I wanted. 
 
The challenge at Less is More  the subject of your One Layer Card should be Spring Flowers.  I think this qualifies. 
 
Also at the One Layer Simplicity the challenge is to use Watercoloring. 
 
Thanks for looking.  I hope you like it.
 

4 comments:

  1. I think you did a great job doing a one layer card!! Its lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Carol! Well done combining it with a sketch
    Thanks for taking part in the one layer challenge at LIM this week
    Anne (Guest LIM commenter)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great stamping
    Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen xx
    Less Is More

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw that you had posted in the OLSC, Carol! You did a great job on this pretty card!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete