Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Turbo


I usually make cards for a specific person or event.  But today I just made this for the fun.  The movie Turbo is coming out soon.  Snails are an inside family fun thing -- I collect them from my sister's garden to use in our terrariums at school. My sister wants to get rid of them from her garden.  My son's girlfriend collects chatz-kity (??)snails. 

Over at There She Goes Stamps the challenge is to make a card or project creating a scene using animals!  I once again used the Slow and Steady set from There she Goes stamps.  

To create "Turbo", I covered the eye before stamping. I colored the body on yellow paper and cut him out, then added some shading with color pencils.  I embossed him again with white on blue paper, then added some shading with blue color pencils; cut this out and adhered to the main image.  Some red smooch trim, googly eyes, hand-drawn smile, and crystal effects for shine and dimension finished him off.

I followed the sketch from Mojo Monday.  I tried to make it as if Turbo was at the finish line of a race.  I didn't add a sentiment yet -- this might make a good "congratulations" or "you did it" type of card. 
 
Thanks for looking -- hope you are having a winning day!

supplies:
stamps: There She Goes (snail); unknown (swirl)
paper: clouds (Stampin Up); rest is unknown
flags: JoAnn's button

1 comment:

  1. Don't usually care for snails, but this one is just darned cute. YOur dark paper at the bottom made me think of a tarmac road, and your cheerful little critter just easing on down along it. Loved the racing flags behind Mr. Snail, and your paper choices were wonderful. TFS

    ReplyDelete